Adopted FY22 Annual Financial Report (AFR)
Click on the link to see adopted AFR FY22.
Seeking Candidates for the position of Principal
The Kirkland School Board is seeking a candidate for Principal for the 23-24 school year to serve as instructional leader and assist the District Administrator with the following major tasks:
a. Instructional leadership and curriculum improvement
b. Personnel administration and supervision
c. Effective management procedures and operation
d. School-community relations
JOB TITLE: Principal
REPORTS TO: District Administrator and School Board
SUPERVISES: The Principal will assist the District Administrator in supervising all certificated and classified personnel.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supervises the school staff, both certificated and classified, providing assistance and conducting evaluations as required.
· Supervises the instructional staff in the development and implementation of curriculum and student activities.
· Establishes and maintains favorable relationships with local community groups and individuals to foster understanding and solicit support for overall school objectives and programs.
· Establishes guides for proper student conduct, maintains student discipline and provides support for each teacher's discipline procedures and decisions, according to due process rights of the students.
· Assists in the recruiting, screening, hiring, training, assigning, and evaluation of the school's professional staff.
· Coordinates or supervises such support services as maintenance, security, food services, recreational programs, financial and accounting functions, and library activities.
· Assists in the in-service orientation and training of teachers and other staff members.
OPPORTUNITY FOR ADVANCEMENT:
Kirkland Elementary is a very small, rural district. The right candidate will serve as Principal of the one-school district while training alongside the District Administrator for the 23-24 school year and then be ready to assume the role of District Administrator on or before July 1st of 2024.
ADDITIONAL DISTRICT LEVEL DUTIES WOULD INCLUDE:
· Prepares and submits the school's budgetary requests, and monitors expenditures of funds.
· Keeps accurately and files promptly all records and reports required by law and the Governing Board including attendance reports for students and staff.
· Assumes leadership in the direction of the school's athletic and extra-curricular activities.
· Supervises and promotes a guidance program to enhance individual student education and development.
· Administers the general policies and programs of the school system and makes available to the staff all school regulations enacted by the Governing Board.
· Keeps abreast of changes and development in the profession by attending professional meetings, reading appropriate professional journals and other publications, and discussing problems of mutual interest with others in the field. Encourages other staff members to do the same.
Applicants must hold or be eligible for an Arizona Principal Certificate or higher by July 1, 2023
Minimum of five years of teaching experience
Leadership experience (examples below)
Served on district level committee(s),
Education leadership coursework,
Held district and/or organization leadership position
Starting Salary Range $60,000 - $65,000.
To be considered for this position, individuals should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th, 2023:
1. Current Resume.
2. Three Letters of Recommendation.
3. Current Arizona Teaching/Principal Certificate.
Candidates will be screened and those selected for interview will be contacted to meet with the Kirkland Governing Board between April 16th and May 1st.
Proposed 2022-2023 Kirkland School Budget & Hearing Notification
Click on the link to review the proposed budget.
Annual Financial Report--FY20
See the Kirkland School District AFR
Adopted FY23 Budget
Click on the link to see adopted budget.
RFQ Kirkland Replacement Space Capital Project
SchoolMessenger Kirkland School texting service. To participate in this free service text 'Yes' to 67587.
Packet delivery will begin at 11 am for students grades k-4 and any/all families receiving boxed meals. Middle School Students (gr. 5-8) check you email!!
Any family that needs to register please call the school. 442-3258
Home of the Coyotes
Kirkland School-- Television Interview
Average Teacher Salary
AVERAGE TEACHER SALARIES (A.R.S. §15-903.E)
Average salary of all teachers employed in FY 2023 (budget year): $52,956
Average salary of all teachers employed in FY 2022 (prior year): $50,113
Increase in average teacher salary from the prior year: $2,843
Percentage increase : 6%